How to Get Involved
We welcome all University of Michigan students to participate on MDST projects!
To get involved:
- If you haven't already, join MDST.
- Most projects will use Gitlab, so make sure to create a Gitlab account when you join.
- Check out our Slack team. Most of our projects have public channels you can browse.
- Send our VP of Projects, Jonathan Stroud (@stroud) a message on Slack. Make sure to include:
- Your experience with programming
- Your experience with data science / machine learning
- Your time commitment you expect to be able to contribute
- Any particular projects you're interested in working on
- If you don't hear back in a day or two, feel free to bug @stroud again.
This is not an application!
You do not need any prior data science or programming experience to join a project. However, we like to know what your experience level is so that we can match you to a project that will fit your skill level. If you have particular skills that you want to learn or improve, please let us know.
- Google Analytics
- Detroit Blight Analysis
- Detroit Vehicle Maintenance
- ImageNet Replication Project
- ReCity Network
- Predicting Drug Concentrations
- Turning the Corner
- “Getting Started” Resource Project Plan
- Adamy Valuation
- Looking for Strong Lens Objects in the Sky
- Parkinson's DREAM Challenge
- VDB (Version Controlled Database)
- Zillow Challenge