MIDAS DATA CHALLENGE
The Michigan Data Science Club is hosting a data challenge in collaboration with MIDAS that will kick off the first week of October and run throughout the month. The data challenge will conclude with a symposium that will be held November 13-15. The data challenge is set out to challenge a group of teams to come up with novel solutions for real life data problems, and prizes and recognition will be awarded to the top scoring teams. This data challenge will be a great opportunity to network with U of M students and faculty involved in data science, and a great way to learn about potential careers and employers in this field. Please come back to this webpage for updates and details coming soon.
- Progress report (max 3 pages) with preliminary findings and plans for further analysis
- To be submitted via Google Form: https://forms.gle/Vyh2gUPokYVWveGm9
- Deadline is Nov 2 by 11:59 pm
- Midpoint submission is required in order to be able to present at the Symposium
- November 13-15, 2019 Rackham Amphitheatre
- Poster Presentations, Judging, and Award Ceremony Friday, November 15, 11am
- Best Walter P Moore Project
- Best J.D. Power Project
- Best GM Project
- Best Overall Presentation at Symposium
JUDGEMENT OF PRESENTATIONS
- Quality of Analysis - Are the technical contributions sound? Are the models appropriate for the task?
- Quality of Presentation - Are the technical contributions explained clearly? Do the visualizations match the analysis performed?
- Actionability - Does the analysis provide insights that advance the field or application area? Is the prompt addressed?
- Any enrolled University of Michigan student is eligible to participate. We welcome students of all experience levels, from novice in data science to veterans in the field.
General rules for participation
- Teams must provide a short update in early November, and present final presentation in mid November.
- Teams must contain of 3-5 members. If you don't have a team, we will be facilitating team formation before the event.