MICHIGAN DATA SCIENCE TEAM
MDST is dedicated to educating students about the practical applications of data science. This means we work on projects, hold workshops, and also have a couple of social events throughout the semester.
See our new member FAQ for more info on joining MDST.
MDST IN THE PRESS
- August 2018 - MDST wins Best Student Paper in the Applied Data Science track at KDD 2018.
- March 2017 - Michigan Allots $87 Million to Replace Flint's Tainted Water Pipes, NY Times
- January 2017 - Professors and students develop app to detect contaminated lead pipes in Flint, The Michigan Daily
- December 2016 - University research team releases app to help Flint residents assess water risk levels, NY Times
- December 2016 - Google-funded Flint water app helps residents find lead risk, resources, Technology.org
- December 2016 - Google-funded Flint water app helps residents find lead risk, resources, University of Michigan News
- December 2016 - Google-funded Flint water crisis app helps find lead risk, resources, MLive
- December 2016 - Professors and students develop app to detect contaminated lead pipes in Flint, The Michigan Daily
- October 2016 - Number of homes that need new water pipes in Flint has doubled, study says, MLive
- May 2016 - Flint gets a boost from Google to help with water crisis data, Michigan Radio
- May 2016 - Google Is Helping Flint Prioritize Which Lead Pipes Need to Be Replaced, GIZMODO
- April 2016 - Machine learning and the wisdom of the crowd, NSF